Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Erik Kloeker

1. How old are you, and for how long have you been juggling?
17, been juggling almost 4 years.

2. At what point did you know that juggling was what you wanted to do, and would make up a critical part of your life?
About 2 years ago when I started performing seriously.

3. To date, what is the most unusual thing or set of things that you
have juggled?

There's so many... Plungers, Running Stun Gun, Lawnmower
Blade, "Personal Massagers." I think I'll go with that last one.

4. What has your juggling career entailed so far?
Street Performing, Colleges, Bowling Alley's, Renaissance Faires,
Festivals, Night Clubs, Libraries, County Fairs, and a Pizza
Parlor : ).

5. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
Co-Headlined a sold out show at a Comedy Club, Performed In front of
some of today’s biggest Sideshow Acts at a Sideshow Gathering.

6. How many of each type of props do you juggle?
7 balls, 6 rings, 5 clubs.

7. Do you specialize in any auxiliary props or non juggling circus
arts?

I am the World's Youngest Sword Swallower, I eat and breathe fire, Lay
on Bed's of Nails, Eat and Walk on Broken Glass, Target with
Bullwhips, Pound Sharp Objects Up my Nostrils, Set Mouse Traps Off on
My Tongue...hmm I think that about covers it. I'd like to get into
acrobatics in the future.

8. Generally speaking, do you wear socks while you juggle?
Yes, I wear them when I'm not juggling too : ).

9. At what types of venues do you usually perform?
Right now a lot of Local Street Festivals, I hope to get into doing
more colleges when I graduate from HS.

10. Anything amusing or unique ever happen at one of these shows?
One particular show at a university stands out in my mind, this really
creepy guy came up and asked my partner at the time if he could buy
some of his pubes... and uhhh... he sold them to him.

11. Are you a clown?
Nope, but I've been asked if I was one, one to many times ; ). I would
not be opposed to working in a circus, although I’d prefer not wearing
the clown costume.

12. What makes up a standard juggling practice for you?
A good practice would be about 2 hours (45 balls, 45 clubs, 30 rings)

13. What is it that will make you want to pick up your props tomorrow
and keep juggling? I love performing, and I love just juggling for the
fun of it.

14. What goals are you currently working towards?
Working on a couple of low number endurance related records, can't
really give up too much information about that.

15. Which prop is your favorite to juggle? Any specific reasoning?
I like clubs, there's just so many possibilities with them.

16. Are there any specific jugglers that inspire you?
Wes Peden - One of the most creative jugglers I've ever seen, and of
course the usual AG and Dietz.

17. Do you have any “claims to fame” in the juggling community?
I juggle while swallowing a sword, I don't know if I can consider that
a "claim to fame."

18. Where do you see yourself in terms of juggling in a month, a year, 10 years?
In a month same as now, In a Year doing 7 ball tricks and working on 6
and 7 clubs, 10 years it's hard to tell, Vegas I would hope, making a
full-time living at juggling at the very least.

19. Art or Sport?
I think there's room for both.

20. Balls, Beanbags, or Russians?
I prefer beanbags, but have used all three in the past.

21. If there is one thing you would like the juggling community to
know about you, what would it be?

I like to juggle


No comments: